Friday, October 1, 2010

An evening run.

Tonight I ran. I ran for the first time in almost 2 years. It was exhausting and exhilarating. To be honest, it was hard. *side note- they really need tutorials for running while pushing a stroller. It's much harder to run when you don't have the usage of your arms!!* I used to run every night averaging 3-4 miles a night. Then I got pregnant and could not imagine poor baby Reid being jostled around so I switched from running to walking & prenatal yoga. While I was pregnant I wanted to run but it wasn't something that I yearned for. After Teagan got here and the months started adding up, I craved running. I was jealous of anybody who I saw running, who talked about running or even walking fast. I vowed to make time for myself. I vowed to run again. Stuff started getting in the way. (pause) Actually let me rephrase that. My priorities changed and I'm perfectly okay with that. I decided tonight that if I can't find time to run by myself then who better to keep me company then my Little Bear? So, tonight was yet another lesson learned in the adaptability of a mom.

1 comment: