Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Innocent contradiction

I believe that title encompasses who I am. I am made up of a lot innocent condradictions. I feel like that is always who I've been but I'm just now realizing what title to put on myself. Here are some examples of what I mean:
I would love to be taller. I've been short since the 7th grade (I was "tall" until that point and then I stopped growing and everybody else seem to start). I craved to be taller from that point on. If I was taller I could do this. If I was taller I could be skinny easier. If I was taller I would be better at volleyball (yes, I did go all the way to college playing but I feel I could've been more useful with a few more inches). Then again...I'm okay with being short. If I wasn't this height Josh couldn't rest his head on mine with his arms around me. If I was taller then I wouldn't look as cute as I do in overalls. If I was taller then our bathroom sink would be too low for me to brush my teeth. If I was taller I might not love heels as much. If I was taller I would probably want to be shorter....that is just how I am.
Recently and at least twice a year I get the moving bug. I want to just pack up and leave and go on an adventure with my family. New house. New town. New experiences. New culture. The whole kitten-caboodle. I moved around a lot as a kid (Air Force brat) and I think moving and new places just sank into my DNA. I crave moving now. I get antsy when I'm in one place too long. However, our family is here. Our friends are here. We've finally found an incredible church home. Josh has a stable job. Teagan's daycare is top notch. How bad would I miss what I've been calling home since we finally settled? Which one has more power right now? To move or to stay? Lets just say if the oppurtunity ever arose for us to move we wouldn't say no but we're not out searching for it either.
Let me just start off this next one by saying Teagan eats better then Josh and I ever have or ever will. I love the idea of eating healthy. I love the idea of organic. I love the idea of locally grown. Finding the above mentioned is the difficult part. Where we live it's at least half an hour to an organic/locally grown friendly store. Also, if we'd like to eat at a decent hour and with Teagan (we like to eat as a family) trying to cook healthy and quickly before bedtime is a difficult task. By the time Teagan and I get home we have 10 minutes, maybe, before Josh gets home and by then Teagan is ready for her dinner. I guess it's all in the learning how to balance things but this is one thing I have yet to master yet. On the other hand i LOVE cookie day at my favorite restaurant. I LOVE carbs and I really LOVE fresh brownies.
I went to college. I earned a degree. I got a job right out of college because I did a pretty freakin awesome job during my internship there. I had a baby. I want to stay at home. I want to go back to school. I want to use my degree (which I really don't in my current job). I want to stay at home. I want to feel useful and not like I'm wasting those college years. I want to further my education and work in the school system or private practice. I want to stay at home. Simple enough, right?
My decorating sense is all over the place. I love a lot of stuff. I cannot visualize it without seeing it. I love vintage and I love modern. I love the simplicity and bold colors I find in most modern things. I love the clean lines and how organized it feels. I love the flowy, carefree, spirit & story telling feeling that vintage pieces give me. How to mesh the two together in a house that is neither? No idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment